Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Derek

So what have I been up to for the last 3 weeks you ask?!

Well I got accepted in the BSW/MSW Program meaning: I will be finishing my Bachelors in the Fall but the classes will count towards my Master's degree and I will be completed by May 2011 with my MSW. That is excited.

Today was a beautiful day in the city. I took a jog to the beach this morning (I am training for a 5K I am running with Trace in 3 weeks). It was perfect. The sun was out and warm.

Then I spent a lot of the day cleaning. I enjoy it so much though, especially when I am putting off doing my homework :). It is such a productive activity and so much better than writing papers. I pulled out Scott's Dance Cd (number 4), gotta love some good techno, windows open, and the smell of pinesol and soft scrub in the air.

Tonight my room mate and I made a delicious supper if I do say so myself! It involved Salmon, rice, and corn muffins.

I recently discovered that my roommate didn't eat sea food because she was nervous to cook it, not because she didn't like the taste. So I have tried to learn a new skill and so far so good. I have no made a tasty Tilapia and Salmon. :)

Otherwise I really can't think of much else, the other day I went to Fleet Feet (it is a super store.). Margaret helped me find running shoes and analyzed my feet through watching me walk and run (although I didn't buy them because they were a little pricey). She even had me try on these socks made of Bamboo. They were $12/pair though, so I had to pass, although I have been thinking about them a lot since. How are socks made of Bamboo?

I really think that is all for now.

3 comments:

Mawshy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mawshy said...

Oh my goodness, when I read the last paragraph I read it too fast and I read "farm & fleet" and by the time I got to the end of the paragraph, I was pretty confused. Then I laughed at myself. Ha

PS Tomorrow is MY Derek's birthday too! Our Derek's were born a day apart. How cool is that.

Rachel Monfette said...

Yeah for brave fish cooking roommates! :)