Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's about time.

Well the first school year at Loyola is wrapping up! I can't believe it! I have one last final Wednesday night.

Today is a beautiful day. (I should be typing this outside). I got up around 6:45 and prepared for a 4 mile race to support 4 organizations that support women's health here in the City. I did not expect to run the whole thing but wanted to support my friend Megan.

Well back up- Last weekend I ran a 5K with my cousin Traci. <--- this is an event I have been training for for about 2 months or so. The 4 mile race was a random suggestion Thursday night.

I was actually able to run both the 5K on the 25th and the 4 mile run today. It was a beautiful day and both races were run by the lake. That is my biggest accomplishment besides finishing school stuff!

Other news: This week was full of Friends. Last weekend Traci came in for her birthday and run the race with me. Tuesday one of my friends was here for a conference and we went to California Pizza Kitchen <-- good food. Wednesday I got to go to Moody's chapel. Thursday some friends from Tremont were here (Tyler Thompson presented a monologue drama of the Biblical story of Mephibosheth). Friday my friend Val came in and was here til last night.

Moody chapel: gave me a new appreciation of the past God has brought me through. Sometimes I get so focused on the future I forget to praise God for His presence in my past.

Yesterday we (Rachel, Val, Joe and I) took the after school kids Joe and I hang out with to fly kites. (17 kids+6 "adults"+a Chicago park full of a million kids=PANIC and craziness). It was a full day but so much fun. When we initially got to the meeting place there were no kids and then about an hour later there were 17!!! 4 2-year olds and a few other younger ones, but we came back with 17 and some great pictures and memories.

Here are a few pictures of the last week. Never mind, they won't upload. Maybe later.

No comments: