Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wrapping it up...

So I started this blog about 2 1/2 years ago as I was heading up to Chicago unaware at how this city and the people in it would turn me into a "city girl", by God's grace I was able to enjoy the change although not all my memories are perfect but the majority are and as I am finishing up with my Master's I am strongly thinking of staying in the city...

Yes. I am finishing my "college years" AH!! I have one more presentation tomorrow and a potluck in my second class. I will be walking out of Loyola tomorrow around 2:00 pm never to return as a student... (yep I have one friend doing his doctoral studies and that is enough to scare me away from that idea forever :) )

so the infamous next question... "What are you doing after you graduate" well I will still be nannying with Cameron part time until June 13th after that the sky is the limit. I had an interview last Thursday for a foster care case manager. I left that meeting a little overwhelmed about the idea of working a full-time job. I mentioned to one of my social work friends that I was looking at that position to which they replied, "Once you do foster care casework, you'll feel like you can do anything!!!" I think that was suppose to be an encouragement :) Also in the interview I was asked how I deal with stress to which I replied, "well I don't get stressed much... [but made up a few coping skills like running, socializing, taking a time out]" After he described the work I would be doing and that I would start with hours that might reach up into 60 hours a week and involve people, courts, and other systems unsatisfied with my work, lots of paper work and driving; I realized I may learn a whole new meaning to the phrase "you're stessin me out".

Otherwise the city is killing me with this gloomy weather although good for runs if it isn't raining. oop Cameron's up. Will write more later.

No comments: