Monday, February 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well last week was way too long ago so we will just start with this weekend...

I got the opportunity to go home to central this past weekend. There were some friends from Moody that convinced me to come home with them. I am so glad I did. God really used the the weekend to His glory! I was able to do my sister's hair for homecoming and get excited for my brother taking his girlfriend to homecoming. I know these seems like little things, but it was a time to show my siblings I love them and care about their lives. That is one thing about living away from home... I have to learn to communicate with my family in a whole new way.

Also 3 of my friends were baptized this weekend in Washington. It is always good to hear how God works in lives and to be encouraged in the basics of my own faith. I was able to see 2 of my great friends from Phoenix. I miss Phoenix. Also 2 of my good friends Livy Leman and Caleb Zobrist announced their engagement!!! Very Exciting!

I got to spend a lot of time just chilling with my dad and mom too, and my puppy dog!

Last night was hard coming back to the city. There is always a distinct feeling of sadness but peace. I love this city and I love the things God is doing in my life here, but I do miss growing with my family in everything they do.

Tonight was great. I enjoyed just chilling at the apartment. We went to 7-11 and got slurpees. Yum yum! Pina Coladas. so good.

Tomorrow is Paczki day?! well we (Rach, me, Joe, Tom, and Liz <-- I don't know who that is) are going to some Polish place to get these "Paczki" donut things. Leaving at 6:00 AM. I haven't gotten up that early in a while. So I am thinking about going to bed soon. The end.

4 comments:

megs said...

i'm so soooo SOOOOO excited i get to see you two weekends in a row!! :)

Rachel Monfette said...

you will not regret the 6am.... :)
Happy Paczki Day!

Morton G3 said...

What? Caleb & Liv? Facebook has let me down. That is exciting. It was good to hear your voice on Saturday. I miss you. I know I keep saying it, but I WILL come visit you soon. My spring break is the week after yours, so maybe some day that week. Or whenever. Maybe I'll drag Jane & Charlene up with me. Now that would be an experience!!!

Anonymous said...

oops. the Morton G3 post was me. Sorry. I was changing some settings on the blog and forget to log off that account and back onto mine.