Thursday, February 5, 2009

Too much

Well here goes another "catch-up" blog.

Last weekend I got to head home for the weekend. Rachel, my room mate, went with me. Started out almost missing our train. 3 minutes later and I would not have made it home on Friday night. Next we got into Pontiac station 20 minutes early so I got to experience the arcade games for the first time. Bowl was a great success, much better than I do in person, but the Turkey hunting didn't go so hot. I went "hunting" twice and didn't shoot anything. The one time Rachel shot something, it was a Hen and I guess that is not legal, She got an "F" instead of the typical "D".

Mom and Cris picked us up. Then in the morning we were headed to my Grandma Marti's for breakfast. Well there were 5 of us and we were going to fit in my brother's truck. Ok, and this is not just any truck. It is ... well it has no power steering and no reverse. So we all pile in and he tries to turn it on. Only to find out he left the lights on over night and it is dead. So he starts rolling down the window and says, I hope there is enough juice to roll down the window. Come to find out, you can't open the doors from the inside either, and the windows are automatic. I can just imagine this call to AAA.

"Hello, can you please come unlock us?" -my family
"You mean you need us to unlock your car?" - AAA
"Yes, but we are inside and can't get out, all you need to do is open the door"- my family.

Anyway. We did get out and went to breakfast. Mom had us help sequin a wedding dress and then headed to Marcy's house to help make some invitations. It was a lot of fun to be with my friends and to get to show Rachel where I come from.

Sunday was super bowl at my house, always a good time and my dad makes the best food. I love my family.

Back to Chicago we went on Sunday night, again almost missing our train. (I am not the best at planning times)

Got back to Chicago... This week included: lots of school, working, starting volunteering at Catholic Charities 2 mornings a week, as if I don't have enough to do... and talked about Christianity and it's back round, also about the pope and Catholicism. I actually stayed up pretty late Tuesday night talking about it and Wednesday morning there was a large fire at the Catholic church right next door. Nothing else too excited.

Joe called last night and said his heat wasn't working. So I went down to see if the fireplace would work. well it didn't, but the moment I turned the thermostat down and then back up it kicked in... I'm just that good. Maybe I should go into heating instead of Social work. :)

Also, Sunday the fire-hydrant right outside our door started leaking and has been ever since, due to this aweful coldness I now have a ice skating rink outside my apt. door! Fun times in Chicago...

Random question of the week: If we freeze our bodies (immediately getting stuck in absolute zero temps) can we be revived?! ok. maybe I don't really think this, but it was discussed. :)

I don't want to proof read this, so take it for what it means not what it says. sorry so long.

No comments: