Saturday, May 22, 2010

I live in Leo :)

My first week out here after so many lasts up in Chicago it has been great to start the summer hear in Leo. I will try to post much more about how the summer is going and the encouragement working in a christian environment!! So far so good.

Today was great. I got my first run in Leo under my belt (I ran a local 5K). Olivia and I also made a wonderful German Chocolate Cake. Oh there was some yelling in the kitchen (mostly Olivia reassuring me that a double boiler would melt the chocolate just fine and I let her fight the battle of frosting and assembling the 3 layers.)

Today I realized how thankful I am to usually be an optimist but also recognizing the affect of assumptions. A friend randomly stopped in on their way through Leo. I was excited to catch up and felt loved that they wanted to stop by during their busy day... well later that day I was mentioning that I was excited my friend stopped by to "see me" to which someone joked " well maybe your friend just felt obligated to stop by because if they would not have, they might hurt your feelings."

As I thought about the 2 ways of looking at the situation I was faced with the honest truth that many people assume the worst. Many of my clients and society have seen the worst in people and believe that in every case. I pray in these 3 months God will give me the energy to model His Spirit and shine in lives that are surrounded by hut and defeat. I'm excited to learn and grow in these next months ahead.

well off to bed I go!! More to come later.

1 comment:

ang said...

wow! i am so excited for you to live in Leo! and i admit there is a little bit of jealousy too... i'm guessing it's just for the summer? i hope i can make it out this time around :) have a great summer if i don't see you!