Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's blog official...

HOT OFF THE PRESS... not yet on facebook but "on the blog" :) I am officially moving from the city in the next month. I have been blessed to be joining the case-management office team at Gateway Woods in Ft. Wayne, IN (well technically Leo, IN).

I will be working with the home-based team to begin with and may have the opportunity to be flexible and get to know a few other areas. It will be a great experience and I am sure it will come with it's downs and ups but in the end I know God is good and He won't take me from good to bad. Knowing how much I have enjoyed and grown in this time in the city makes it hard to leave but I believe the Father, Son, and Spirit are constant and will continue to refine me and allow me to love on life in the meantime!

I am leaving the city Sept 1st and start my new job around the 6th. I will be living with a friend from high-school and look forward to getting know her better - nope, still don't have my own room but I don't mind sharing space. :)

The Lord has been taking me on a journey with this decision. It has been coming for a few months. I had another job offer here in Chicago, which would have been an AWESOME experience also, with christian co-workers and living with 2 great friends maybe in Little Italy area. I had both offers during the same time and it was hard to put finality on this decision but I feel the Lord was quietly speaking peace into my desire to work at Gateway. I don't know if it will be forever but it will definitely be a new season.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Praying for you as you transition to a new "normal". Life is one change after another, and I'm thinking thats God's way of showing us how big He is. I know Maggie will miss you and it will be an adjustment for all...but God is faithful!

Praying still....

C

-dan L said...

I am thrilled for you Kaitlyn! God is good! Can't wait to see what Indiana brings.