Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Change...

I look forward to change and newness Indiana will braing, but there is a lot I will miss about this city, about this little flower shop apartment, about my biking to various cafes and different events or work, I will miss the people that have invested in my life and have encouraged so much growth and freedom in my walk with Christ. I will miss the lake to run along, and my running partner. I will miss my local grocery store - Stanleys. My favorite ice cream shop - Margies. My starbucks baristas who can tell me my hair looks fine even after I randomly chop off 10 inches! I will miss my babysitting kids that have poured so many hugs and love into my heart. I will miss the community that has come beside me and has taught me to love and be in community. I will miss the individuals here that have encouraged me to really love God with my whole mind. (not that I won't come see and keep in touch with my Chicago friends it will just be different)

But I look forward to loving the open air, to enjoying the quietness of cornfields again. I look forward to learning how to apply the skills I have learned in school for God's glory. I look forward to learning to run long miles somewhere in Indiana. I look forward to having a car to my name. I look forward to applying the things I have learned spiritually about God and His kingdom in a new location, I look forward to developing new, life-changing friends and growing the ones I already have. I look forward to being used in whatever ways the Lord can dream up. I look forward to visiting the city. I look forward to cheaper or no taxes on various items! I look forward to living with in 5 miles of my cousins!!!

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man [or woman] that trusteth in him" Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

Britni said...

:) We are so excited to get you! I hope that the change goes smoothly. I think you might love the river-side bike/run paths in Ft. Wayne...not as awesome as running by the lake, but not too shabby, either! Can't wait to have you here!!