Saturday, November 8, 2008

A weekend Post

Yesterday was good. I had an emergency Sign language assignment at an ER, it went well. Went to my next sign language assignment and found that they had actually meant to ask for a Spanish Interpreter. Oops. Not much help there.

Came home and visited "the neighbors" (well mainly Joe). Saw someone I knew in the Red Line El station. (that was very exciting, I know people in Chicago!)

Babysat Brain in the evening and then today...

Headed out to Woodfield. I started my journey at 9:00 A.m. after the 66 Chicago bus, Blue line to Jefferson Park, Shuttled to Harlem (because they are working on the El), finish the Blue line to Rosemont (one stop before O'hare) and Pace bus 606 to the mall I met Marcy and Katie at 10:45. I actually saw them pull into the Parking lot.



On the way to the mall I met a lady from China. She told me about her experiences with the Olympics and other things in life. On the way back I met a couple here on business from New Zealand and another lady who moved here from India in 1984. I love people, especially when they have accents.

It was good to see Marcy and Katie. I love my friends. And seeing them. When I was waiting for the Pace bus to go back to the City I saw a lady with 2 children and they were from Roanoke. Crazy small world. I know.

I started waiting for the bus at 3:15 and didn't get home til 6:15 (Not always a fan of public transportation). I guess I get what I pay for!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Kaits you make me smile:)

Katie May said...

awww, i just found out about your blog today! i'm now going to be one of those crazy stalker ladies. :]