Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Fun

Friday was enjoyable. It was full of babysitting little "B". Started at 9 and ended at 9. It was a beautiful day. We spend 4 hours outside and he still takes naps so that made a nice day for me. We went to the loop to run an erand, while we were on our way Joe texted me and let me know there was a Turkish festival in Daley Plaza so we stopped there on our way through. The arts and jems were beautiful. They also had some dancers and beautiful outfits! So that was accomplishing a little of #5 of my goals:).

Friday night my friend Val came into the city to visit! It was so good to have her here. We were able to play checkers on the beach (# 12) Traci we need to play chess on the beach <-- I always rememeber playing you at family get togethers with your chess set, which we were always breaking or glueing together :). Also went to watch fireworks on the Pier Saturday night! It was so good to have the opportunity to talk and hang out in the city with Val! I feel like we covered every subject from deep theological thoughts about our mighty God to the small influences of life.

Yesterday Val headed out on the train in the morning and I enjoyed a day of worship at church. In the after noon I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo with some friends. It was another beautiful day. Welp I am going to get back to work, Little Einsteins are done :)

2 comments:

Daveana said...

Yea for marking things off lists! It's always fun to accomplish something!

Daveana

-John and Amy said...

Breaking and glueing chess pieces!!! I remember that. The heads were all in the little drawer on the side. Happy memory :)

=amy