Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where is the Rye?

Got a few more goals accomplished...

5) Go to Dance in the Park. Laura Barth-Romero and her hubby Dave came up Friday afternoon and Saturday. Friday night we went to Taste Of Chicago, enjoyed the food (something called Behl... I think maybe Indian food? not really sure. but it had like rice crispies?) After the tasting we headed over to Grant park and enjoyed some live salsa music. They have an outdoor dance floor pretty crowded but lots of fun.

9) Field Museum. Ben Funk had some free tickets to the Field Museum so a few of us (Scott, Neal, Ryan, Ben, Troy, Blake, Andrea, and I) enjoyed about 5 hours of the museum. Some of my favorites. the Pirate Exhibit, The mineral exhibit. The tropical exhibit and the Egyptian mummies, the plants, and the animals. Did you know mongos are in the same plant family that poison ivy is?!

Add To-Do list...

14) See Chicago's 3rd of July Fireworks

Father's Day was good. Dad, Claire, and Landon came up and had supper here in the chicago area! I love my family! VBS was so much fun last week. We had 4 - 3 year olds and 3- 5 year olds. They were so sweet. I got to teach about Noah's Arc and Daniel in the Lion's Den.

Otherwise... Last weekend Adam and Amy, 2 of my friends here in Chicago (Adam lived with Joe) got married Sunday. Rachel, Joe, and I took the South Shore Line Commuter Train out to the wedding in Chesterton, IN. It was lots of fun and good to spend time with Rach and Joe outside of the apt. Got back around 9:00 and enjoyed a walk back to the apt. Watched "Expelled" later Sunday night. It is a good documentary about intelligent design and evolutionist theories. I would recommend it to anyone interested in Science theories.

the Rye title... well Joe checked a few places for Rye flour but couldn't find any. I didn't think it would be that difficult, so Rach offered to google it... well come to find out, many people have blogged about the shortage of Rye in the City. lol. Just thought I would add it to the google Rye search results.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Salsa dancing oo la la! i wish we had a park that had salsa dancing going on!! man girl i miss you!

sarah said...

I DID have Claire! For the second year in a row actually:) It was an awesome awesome weekend. Love you!