Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lindbergs!!

Yesterday I was able to spend the afternoon with some sweet sweet friends! My friends from Georgia are up here for a short time. The Lindberg family moved to Thomasville, Georgia area about 5 years ago(they previously lived less then 10 miles from my house). I enjoyed the company of the 5 younger Lindbergs Ben, Lydia, Hannah, Joel, and Rachel. Megan Kies also came over! It was very fun. We enjoyed playing outside and taking a walk back to the woods. Rachel and Joel especially enjoyed the ice. I will hopefully have pictures to post when I get back up to Chicago. We had fun dressing up the dog (although I don't know how Chase felt about the whole thing :) )

Last night I was able to visit our Nursing Home and sing with a church group and then I spent the rest of the evening with more friends. I can't believe I only have one more night in Central Illinois, there are still so many friends I want to spend time with here. Oh well... back to reality I go. And I am looking forward to catching up with Chicago friends.

I am heading back tomorrow with my family. After stopping at Ikea and Bass Pro Shop my family will drop me and a new dresser off and busy Chicago life will start up once more. Until then...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kaitlyn, this has been so great! I was so sad that I didn't have a chance to talk to you and catch up with you about what you are doing nowadays (even though you sat with us in church) when we saw you the Sunday after Christmas. Then I got a note from Jane Stieglitz about her first entry in her blog (she shared about taking her son Tyler to Chicago to the airport so he could fly to New Zealand for three months). Anyway a link to your blog was on the top of the list by her blog, so I got to read all your entries and to catch up on your entire semester, and your jobs (tutoring, interpreting AND babysitting), school, and all the rest of your adventures. I am not sure when or if you sleep, but it was fun to catch up with all that is going on in your life. I am glad you got to spend time with the Lindbergs. Charity and Talitha would have loved to have been with you all too! They did seem to connect with Hannah and Lydia very quickly when they saw each other at church. But they just did not much time to be together. It was so cute to see Rachel sitting on Laura's lap. You can tell she is looking forward to being an aunt!
Anyway, all this modern technology is wonderful, even though I have a hard time keeping up. Thank good ness for Jane. She seems to have no trouble figuring it all out. Stuff like facebook, pictures online, blogs etc. Have a great semester. Take care of yourself and stay healthy. It sounds like getting sick is something you definitely don't have time for!

Love, Leanne Fischer

megs said...

i'm so glad we got to spend the day with the lindbergs and your last night in central IL. to all of kaits' faithful readers, the reason she doesn't have any pictures posted yet is that she, like the wonderful, blessing that she is, gave it to me so i could get the pictures off. i, NOT being the responsible one, didn't get it back to her on time before she got to chicago. but not to worry, she'll have it soon!!

word verification- pokee. someone who gets poked by poker :)

Jane said...

Kaitlyn dear, I hope all is going well for you this week.
Love you, Jane