Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Coming back from a wonderful weekend~

Today...

well first I need to catch you up to today.

Sunday. Seth and Ang's wedding. It was so encouraging. Talked a lot about God's faithfulness and trusting Him. For me personally, it was just what I needed. I haven't had a hard time trusting that God wants me here in Chicago, but I know Satan will come and it is good to have some verses from Psalm 37 ready to defeat him.

GOD STORY: I wanted to be at supper with my family around 6:00 on Sunday, but I was signed up to work 2nd shift at the reception and I thought that might be cutting it close. So I went to church and didn't find anyone (Megan said she would though, if I couldn't find anyone to switch), went to the reception and needed to find Livvy to switch with. I hadn't seen her all day so I just went out to see if I could find her in the line, nope. About 15 minutes later I went back to the kitchen and Jackie (Livvy's mom) asked me if I knew of anyone who wanted to switch to 2nd shift because Livvy was on her way here from Cissna but was going to be late.

[well I still didn't leave til 4:30 (I could have worked 2nd shift.)]. We had a wonderful birthday (it was for Landon's birthday) supper.

Monday Erica S. brought me back to Chicago and I was able to spend the morning with my Grandma and mom. Monday night Rachel made supper and we spent the evening playing card games (I taught her to play Kings-in-the-corner, speed, super speed -Traci, and rummy (refreshed)).

Tuesday... enjoyed sweeping the floor and listening to Sarah Palin's acceptance speech finally. Then my aunt Donita came up to visit me. She picked me up and we went for sushi, visited the Lincoln Park Zoo, and ate at Ed Debevic's. Then some "friends" (<-- they are actually Rachel's but now they are mine :) ) came over. Joe (our neighbor), Mariam, Weston, and Chelsea. We pretty much just talked and laughed for about an hour. That is what I love to do, so it was a great ending to a BEAUTIFUL day.

Today... nothing much. except I got my library card. WAHOO!!! I haven't had one for a really long time, now I can "borrow" free museum passes (I think limit is 2 per card).

I am now "listening" to Mc Cain's acceptance speech and (ok I am boring) making super tonight. Spaghetti, salad, lime jello, and bread. Come on over 5:15! All are welcome

2 comments:

Angie said...

You are not boring!
I have decided that being interested in politics is grown up AND our Christian duty...so here's to unboringness!
I really didn't get to see you much on Sunday, but from a distance you looked ravishing! :)
Love you Kaits!

megs said...

i want to join you for dinner. unfortunately i can't. i felt so blessed to have spent the weekend w/ you.