Friday, September 12, 2008

Faithfully Amazing.

Another beautiful day in the wonderful windy city, Chi-town. Thanks to all those who are leaving comments. I appreciate them. I miss you all and wish I could just see you in person. So keep the comments coming.

Today was another day of Philosophy. A lot of different court cases and focusing on the job of the courts. It was good. I am always so amazed at the Professor's timing. He is faithfully there right on the dot and finishes his lectures exactly at 11:15, and always ends it so tactfully.

The afternoon was full of some homework in the park. I went to a park a few blocks from here. It is beautiful and peaceful with a big fountain and beautiful flowers. I read my social welfare text and answered some questions. The book kinda dampened the park setting but it was good :).

Now the fun part. I got back to my apt. and I had an e-mail from the contact person for my certification results from a sign language test I had taken in May. I have been waiting for a long time for the results. He told me that he tried to send them, but they got returned. I e-mailed him back and asked if I could just pick them up ASAP. So I got to pick them up today at the CAIRS' (Chicago Area Interpreter Referral Service) office. While I was there I talked to the referral agency lady about putting my name on the interpreter list. She said to do it as soon as possible because they are in need of interpreters!!!! So this weekend I will be working on finding my resume' and printing up some business cards and other professional things. I am excited but WAY out of practice and my scoring was not the greatest on the ISAS (the professional test), but it is ok. I can still work. Always room for improvement and I can always take the test again.

Also in one of my classes they mentioned there was an opportunity to get paid for "note taking' and tonight I went to Moody's Thursday Night Praise and Erica picked up an e-mail for babysitting 1 day a week. Isn't God amazing. SO FAITHFUL.

Tonight Erica Sauder came into the city to see me. I really appreciated it. She is such a blast to be with. We went with Joe (my "Moody" neighbor) to get slurpees (and I definitely spilled a box full of baseball-like cards on the floor. then Erica spilled a bunch of lids on the floor) oops. And then went to Thursday night worship and finished off the night just chilling and talking and of course a little politics.

Looking ahead: tomorrow I get to go out on the Train to be picked up and transported to Purdue with my lovely cousins Traci and David. Then head with my precious friend Megan to Illinois to go to my Christ focused friends's wedding Seth and Ang. Then spend some quality time with my unmatchable family and head off on the train Monday morning.

Question of the night: If God was a color, what, in your mind, would it be and why?

3 comments:

Britni said...

White? I don't know. Glad to hear that you're going to be in the area- unfortunately I'll be at work :( :( Bah! Hope you have a great weekend!!

tengo gozo said...

Kaits~ I'm so glad you got your test results back (finally!) and that you can now use your wonderful, God-given talent in the big city! Praying for you~ Kali

andrew k said...

Blue....? All of them? This is a trick question, isn't it...