Saturday, September 20, 2008

I CAN DRIVE STICK

so this evening on the way home my brother taught me how to drive stick shift. This is a really big deal. It went well. I really enjoyed it. I could use a little more practice. I only killed it when I was coming into the driveway (my friend Amy E. did the same thing except for it was parking for the Leo sale. lol.). Anyway.

Thursday my mom and her Fiance, Cris, came up to Chicago for a design show thing. They got into the city around 3:00. Earlier I was not feeling very good. My teeth were throbbing. very strange. and I just felt really wiped, so for a while I just went to the park and took a nap and a good book, Waking the Dead. I also got to talk to some good friends. Suzy K and Amy K (they are sister's in law)!!! I miss them. then went back to Central IL with mom and Cris

With mom and Cris we went to the Lake Shore and walked. I can't wait to take my roller blades out to the lake sometime. It was perfect weather Thursday! Thursday night I got to spend the night with my cousin Christi at my Grandma Marti's house.

Friday: I had called Polly to get together sometime while I was home, she mentioned that she was going to a concert Friday night (Art Music Justice with Derek Webb, Sandra Macracken-Webb, Charlie Peacock, Brandon Heath, and Sara Groves). I was praying about what to do and was really torn...

GOD STORY: So I still don't have any source of income. I told myself that I would enjoy extra luxuries i.e. going to concerts, eating out by myself, museums... when I get a job. I wanted to think about going to the Art Music Justice concert with Polly and company... but I didn't want to spend God's money on that. I prayed God would show me what to do and when I got home Friday morning He did. I had an e-mail that I had been accepted to take notes for pay in one of my classes! God is so faithful. TRUST HIM.

Friday I also was able to enjoy tearing out some lava rocks in our landscaping at home with my dad while my brother was running a skidster (Yeah, my family is cool).

Last night's concert was good. And of course the 2 1/2 road trip was memorable. :) always fun. I spent the night at "the crossings" (Polly's apt).

This morning my lovely friend Nat came over to go walking BUT I forgot to put my phone on ring so I didn't hear it and I didn't hear the door bell (nor did anyone else in the house) but my persistent friend found a way to get in and wake me up and we enjoyed a much needed walk.

10:30 my cousin David W. picked me up and we were off to my Grandma Marti's house for lunch with my family (about 10 of us). We get to her house and there is no one there. A few food items but no food. I knew something was not right so I called her on her cell phone. Grandma picked up and told me she was on her way home from the hospital. SCARY! She had been cutting up watermelon earlier and sliced her finger to the bone, even chipped it, so they stitched her up at the hospital but they aren't sure if it will heal or not, Please PRAY for her swift healing. We still had lunch and stuff though and she was doing pretty good when I left.

Today brought a wonderful supper with my family, I made some bread, Landon worked on some beef dear jerky, Claire got home from a volleyball tournament, we watched the clubs vs. cards game and looked for Caleb and David in the stands but didn't see them :( and that was definitely not in order of the events. lol. oh well.

went to a singing and now I am home with a scrapbook page I need to finish, well start too (it is for the wedding tomorrow, in Washington, IL Katelyn Fehr and Mark Stoller), and finish their wedding card, and GET SOME SLEEP. THE END.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good being with you this weekend, so glad you could come!! Congrats on your job and have a safe trip back tonight!! love ya!

tengo gozo said...

Great to see you, Kaits! Let me know when I can come visit!