Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Museum of Science and Industry

2 posts in 2 days. Craziness. I know. Maybe I can keep it shorter.

Today the weather was beautiful. We turned on the air, probably around 80. Started my day in Social Work class. nothing special that I remember. Next um...

I got to go to the Museum of Science and Industry today. It is free the month of September so. I went. When I got there they let me know they were going to have a fire drive. It wasn't until about 3:00 so I walked around for about an hour. I really enjoyed it. There are some fun exhibits, although the farming one has a little too much green for my liking.

Some of my favorite exhibits included: the little doll house, the forward in the future (there are some crazy things people are trying to do out there). The circus eye spy area (but life size I spy), the U-505 submarine was incredible, and on my way out I had to enjoy an interactive shadow screen. If you stand 2 feet away from this screen it has bubbles that my shadow can bounce. I don't understand but it was so fun!!!

Tonight's class was good. We talked a lot about politics (It is American Polotics 101). Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae. It was really interesting. A lot about the economy. I don't know what I think about all of it. Also talked about Mc Cain not wanting to keep the debate on Friday but wanting to go instead to Washington D.C. and help with economy issues?! Anyone know much about this stuff?

Also tomorrow morning my teacher is going to be speaking about Same-sex marriages verses unions. It will be an interesting class. This is in my Philosophy of law class. And to top it all off my teacher wrote the 20 page text on the subject. He feels it is not appropriate that America does not honor same-sex relations equal to marriages.

I have been able to talk to a few friends and got some encouragement about it and I still am not sure exactly what will happen tomorrow.

I am very excited to have Marcy coming tomorrow night!!! She is sticking around until Friday and then she is bringing me home and I have a Bible study at my house and Sunday looking forward to Andy and Tori's wedding.

so much for being a little shorter.

2 comments:

Leah said...

kaits- i am so excited that you are coming home for the study! love you and cant wait to see you.

xo, Leah

Anonymous said...

hey Kait- we are talking a lot about Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae in my classes too. Everyone was getting so worked up about it and saying that we could have a another great depression. I don't really understand it all but I do think it is interesting. Hope to see you this weekend. love you!