Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Tuesday in the Windy City.

Well today was a completely different day weather wise. It was a beautiful fall temperature. I enjoyed sporting a light jacket, well sweatshirt but the jacket sounded better. There was not a cloud insight. (Yesterday it rained ALL day).

I started out my morning with my Philosophy class. Today we studied the Riggs vs. Palmer. It is a case about a grandson who poisoned his Grandfather to gain his inheritance. It was a trial from 1880 in New York City. The judge ruled that the grandson was not able to claim his inheritance after such offenses. duh. But then, of course, it took about an hour to explain the philosophy behind it. Including the differences between policies, rules, and principles. ok well you are probably so bored by now...

After class I enjoyed the afternoon at the beach. It was perfect. I took my new beach bag, a blanket, and my Bible. God and I had a date. I do have to admit, I did take a nap on the beach. It was about a 20 minute walk. (I was suppose to be looking for a job, just like right now :) )

Then this evening. Rachel came home, got to meet her old room mate Ali, she is sweet, a potential new friend :). Rachel had some more great stories from her day. (she always has the best stories!) Then we headed off to a suburb (I think) for supper. We were invited by the Penley's for supper. They are a couple that Rachel met because the husband, Paul, is a professor at Moody. Christy, his wife, made an amazing supper and we spent the rest of the evening just chatting about everything. Paul, is hilarious and so is Christy and they have a little baby Soran, almost 13 months, beautiful blonde little boy! (Kyle H, I thought of Brodey). so precious.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Kaits,

I enjoyed your first 2 posts! :)
I saw you in church on Sunday and was going to get to you...then obviously that never happened. Sorry :(

Miss you!

Britni said...

Hey! Love that you have a blog, yo!! I totally forgot all my blogger password/name and stuff so I had to make a new account :p
You are in my prayers and I'll make your blog a daily stop during my online perusal routine- right between foxnews.com and facebook! haha. love you! hope things keep going great.

tengo gozo said...

Kaits! I'm so excited that I can still chat with you via blog stuff! This is so exciting! Know that I have been praying for you, I hope you have been doing the same for me! Feel my love, even over the miles!
~Kali

Anonymous said...

Kaitlyn! Man reading your blog is fun. I should probably start one!

Heather L. said...

Hey Kaits!! So exciting to get your email and find this!! I've definitely missed seeing you around (esp. since when you're in church..i'm not!!) You've been in my prayers!! Love - Heather L.