Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Weekend +

oh my. so much to catch up on. I will try to make it brief. First cause I have homework and 2nd cause I am sure you guys can only handle so much of my life :).

Friday was good. Finished a lot of homework in the morning. It was a gloomy day but to terribly rainy yet. to save 90 cents I road the bus and el out to where the science and industry museum is to catch the South shore Line to Dune Park where Traci picked me up. (I found out at the station before I got on that the museum is free the month of September during the week, so I am sure you will be reading about that adventure sometime.) Then headed to Purdue with Traci and David. So good to be with them. It was good to be in Purdue again. I enjoyed singing and worshipping together. It really is an encouragement and gives me a renewed sense of energy. On the way, I felt it was going in vain, that there were so many other things I could having been doing that had more physical helpfulness, but I realized I needed the encouragement after the weekend. We had the 2nd singing on the parking garage. Went out to IHOP with a small group. It was so good to see so many friends.

Friday I was hoping to go to bed in good time but didn't happen, a little hanging in the hallways had to be done and then I did get a good 4 1/2 hours of sleep. Saturday morning the guys made a wonderful breakfast full of fruit, biscuits and gravy, and ... it was so good. Bible study was challenging. The part that really stuck with me was talking about the woman at the well. She was so excited that Jesus "told her all her sins". It gave me a renewed encouragement to connect with people. It is a glory to God when we invest in other people's lives. Also talked about feeding of the 5,000. The disciples just wanted their needs met but Jesus met all the people's needs and had leftovers for the disciples. So many good points.

Played volleyball in the co-rec center after Bible study for about 3 hours, Hannah Feller let me borrow her shoes otherwise my feet would have not made it. It was a lot of fun and such good exercise. Then headed home with a wonderful car load of girls Leah Gerber, Megan and Emily Kieser. Leah and I talked the whole way home and Megan and Emily took a nap. Then went to my mom's for supper and headed to Megan's from there. Almost had a little accident due to flooding and hydroplaning, but it was OK. All is well that ends well. I was extremely slap happy.

I'm sorry this is too long to keep going. I will fill you in on the wedding and yesterday later. Also looking ahead my aunt Donita is going to join me today. I don't really know what we will be doing, but it will be fun to have company. the end for now.

1 comment:

leah said...

it was fun talking to you on the way back...you are so sweet! :)

hope you have a great week!

oh yeah, can i get your email so i can send you tyrans email? i thought i had it.