Wednesday, September 10, 2008

my day...

I feel like when I blog my day sounds so much more exciting! So hear we go...

well I got up. went to Social Work class. I don't remember a lot from it. Just that the lady gave us some homework :P (don't worry mom and dad your money is going toward a wonderful education :) ). Then after class Loyola had a complimentary lunch for the students, teachers, and faculty. It was so good! I had a veggie berger, BBQ ribs, watermelon, corn/bean salad, and a diet dr. pepper. <-- blogs are weird, who talks about this kind of boring stuff... welp, you just read about it.

then I came back and worked on looking for a job. After about 2 hours and 5 phone calls, I got nothin'. well I did leave a message with the Chicago Public Schools about sub interpreting. so please pray that God's desires will be the focus of my desires as my funds deplete and I look for a job.

Then I read for my night class tonight (2 hours, and the teacher will never know, gotta love school). It was an interesting book actually. ok the title sounds awful. How Democratic is the American Constitution? It was critiquing the American Constitution. It had some valid points and I was able to understand it. (unlike my Philosophy classes material which I still need to read for tomorrow).

Went to class. Tonight is out at the North shore campus. I always enjoy the ride though. Gives me a chance to read. FYI: I have used the brown (to give blood), red (to go to school and Boyd and Lois's), and blue lines (to get out to Scott, Neal, and Troy's), buses, Metra (Mark and Laura's), and Amtrak (HOME!!!). Anyway class was interesting. I really am not a big fan of the teacher. Then the second half of the class we talked about the election and voting percentages. I am definitely in Chicago. I am surrounded by Palin bashing, and at this point I really don't know how to respond. I would love to hear some points from you. There were a few people in the class that had some supporting thoughts, but mainly not so much. (Same in my Social Work class, except they were ALL negative toward the Republicans).

Also in this American Politics class the teacher brought up the point that Illinois makes it difficult for citizens to vote. It was interesting to hear the different views. In the end, I concluded, It is just that we are lazy, irresponsible, and want to be hand fed everything. Anyway, I was a little heated when I left that class.

On the El/subway I read a little bit of my book, Waking the Dead by John Eldredge. I would highly recommend it. Actually, it is Cori's book. I don't even remember when she let me borrow it, I will get it back to you Cori. Anyway. He was talking about the point of asking yourself and your God "Who am I? What do you think of me? What is my real name?" God wants my honest, he already knows it anyway. It was good to be refocused to my reason for every breathe and that God's glory delights in shining through me when I let Him. So I guess I would just like to end on that note. I encourage you to shine God's glory and remember you are God's (if you have chosen Him) and so beautiful and desired by him.

4 comments:

Britni said...

I love your play-by-play day accounts! I feel like I get to be a part of your adventure- I'm SOOO jealous of your city life :)
That book you're reading sounds interesting, I need a good read and maybe I'll go pick it up. Darren and I were just chilling, lost in our own thoughts last night and out of the blue he asks, "Do you love God?" It was so weird, but after I said "yes" (of course :) He told me that it's just good sometimes to hear people say it out loud. And I realized how true that is- we DON'T really tend to say it out loud, at least I don't!
That's my little thought for the day- read ya soon ;)!

megs said...

i agree w/ beeg, it's nice to hear your thoughts about the day. but i CANNOT WAIT to see you face to face tomorrow and talk for REAL and not just have to read about your life happenings!!

ps- i still love you!

Sara said...

Kaits--thanks for the encouragement/challenge! It is so wonderful to hear about the details that go on in your day since i dont get to share them with you! Reading your blog definitely makes my day more exciting :) I will totally be praying for you as you are unsure of a job this fall! That is a seriuos and necessary decision and i know that God has a plan for you...even though you dont know it yet! I love you and cant wait to see you again!

SaRa

andrew k said...

Mmmm, Palin-bashing. Will it never end. Sounds like a fun class. (Sarcasm!)