Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weekend

I'm tired. So why am I blogging instead of going to bed... I have no idea.

Thursday night was wonderful. I enjoyed going to a friend of Rachel's, Liz's, house. It was for the Office premier.When I left I didn't remember the directions Rachel told me 2 minutes before I left. I walked about 15 minutes the wrong way and then got on the el heading the wrong direction but the doors opened one last time before it started to go so I slipped off and went on the other side. When I got to the other side there was a woman there who had left her phone at a friend's house so I was able to let her borrow my phone. I love it when God's timing is so evident.

I got back into the city and met up with Marcy (about 9:15 p.m.) she let me drive around the city and show her a few different areas. Then parked on the street over night.

Marcy quote of the weekend: 7-11 without gas is like a Starbucks without coffee.

Friday. Breakfast.

GOD STORY: So Marcy had told me the night before that she wanted to grab her money from the car but I told her we could just get it in the morning, well in the morning I just took care of moving her car and I left her money in the car cause I didn't want her to have to pay for anything (the gas is a hefty price alone). Anyway. We found a cute little diner right down the road for breakfast. We had just got our meal when a gentleman came up and told us he had paid for our meals. He proceeded to give God the glory and remark on God's faithfulness in bringing us through times that are not always easy and listening to the spirit's voice. It was so special. God always out gives us but sometimes he is more obvious than others. Thanks Pablo.

After brunch Marcy and I walked to the beach and roller bladed up Lake Michigan's shore line. It was a beautiful day. Then we headed home around 1:00. I got to drive out of the city. Traffic was not bad (can't image a few hours later though). Got home and Landon and I (well really Landon and dad but... ) hosted a Bible study at our house.

Bible study was about Samson. A good point brought up is the fact that he had his eyes poked out. His life was driven by his eyes and satisfying them.

Today I got to go visit some people I haven't seen for a while. (some people were not home so I just got to talk to them on the phone). Grandma and Grandpa Jim. Grandma Dorothy. Alma Wackerle. Jane and Jerry Schumacher. Roy and Norma Hangartner. Ted Schick. and Charlene Schumacher.

this afternoon I helped make mint for my mom's wedding in 2 weeks with my Grandma Marti, and aunt Tina. Tonight a bunch of us girls from Roanoke got together and enjoyed a pizza party and a fun evening at Heather Leman's. Now it is time for bed.

Wedding in Morton, Altadena, and Washington (I will be in Morton). I wonder if there will be an engagements tomorrow?

Good night.

2 comments:

Leah said...

so you were home this weekend and i didnt even get to see you... life is not fair, love!

tengo gozo said...

It seems I barely got to even see you this weekend, much less talk to you :( lots of love, talk to you soon!