Sunday, October 5, 2008

Beautiful Wiener Roast Weather.

Today was a beautiful Sunday. After about 2:30ish.

Enjoyed Chicago church today. I really appreciate getting to know the people there. They are so welcoming and kind to me. I really do enjoying going to Chicago church! I got to meet a bunch of new people. I need to check out the church book and see how many people I know now after 2 Sundays.

After church I went with Keri Stoller, Julie Eisenmann, and Andrea Luthi to join the rest of the church at the nursing home to sing to residents. I miss my Eureka residents. I'll have to try and get over there next time I go home. After we sang we headed to Keri's to change for a bon-fire/cookout at Brad & Cindy Eisenmann's.

For the bon-fire we were encouraged to bring a gift of 30 items for Ben Funk's 30th birthday. Well I didn't know who he was so I wasn't going to bring anything but then we got this great idea to take him 30 pieces of toilet paper. We even wrote him a birthday poem on it (Andrea added some great marker stamps to jazz it up). lol. If only he knew how much that describes me... (toilet paper and poems. What more does a person need in life).

The night was a wonderful time full of food, frisbee, and friends.

I just took about an hour break from Blogging. Me and Rachel made up some friendship bread. Joe bought us some stuff we were lacking and now it is baking. Tomorrow I get to go to see Natalie, Portia, and Nathan. I am excited. Night.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That sounds SO fun kait! The toilet paper and poem thing is definitely you!! I miss those days :)

I hope you have an awesome week! love-n-prayers!

Mawshy said...

I didn't realize you weren't coming home this weekend I guess! I felt like last weekend was your only Chicago weekend for a long time. You're coming home this weekend, right?