Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lazy Saturday

Well let's see. I really enjoyed my night with the Plattner's last night. We went to RJ Grunts. on Wells (I think). Aaron got their "Famous RJ Chilli" and has now decided he wants to try chili in all the different restaurants. Bekah got some good quasadillas that she shared and I got a pineapple, coconut, raspberry shake. It was deeelish.

Today involved just a relaxing morning. Grabbed my homework and worked on that while watching the Illini vs. Michigan game. (you should all go watch the highlights. It was a good game. Illini hadn't won a game at Michigan's home "Big Bowl" since 1999 so it was about time. Juice was on fire.)

Then came back and got to meet Eric Zimmerman (he came over to Aaron and Bekah's for supper also). Bekah made an amazing calzone thing. so good and chips and salsa
(from Eric) with refried beans. Then some apples (cut perfectly by Aaron) and carrots to be healthy. I brought over some crystal light raspberry lemonade.

GOD"S TIMING STORY: so I was shooting to get over to Bekah and Aaron's at about 6:00. Well low and behold I was running late. As I was just coming up to the El Brown Line station I saw the el towards Kimball (my train) leaving. I missed it by seconds (remember Mandy Steffen when we missed the Metra by seconds. that was bad news cause it didn't come again for an hour.) Anyway... so there I was impatiently waiting for the next el. I texted Bekah to let her know I was going to be late and just relaxed as I had a few minutes. Then a girl from outside the platform asked me "how do I get in?" I showed her where but she didn't have a card with her. I was able to let her use my "guest car" <-- because I have a school one but if I ever need to take someone with me I have an extra. and then she paid me the $2. It worked out perfect and I know it helped her day go a little smoother. And when I got over for supper, they were not all waiting for me. I was still able to help with supper and such.

After supper we just chilled and all worked on a little homework/studying. (stupid Philosophy of Law.)

1 comment:

Mawshy said...

Is Eric Zimmerman about your age? From congerville maybe? I actually used to work with him at Cat if it's the same guy ?