Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My 2 study days were very ... productive.

I'm on my way back to Chicago. I am on the South Shore Line. I spent the last 2 days as a part of the Virkler clan. Here are my hospitable hosts for the last 2 days...



I headed out there Monday morning. After making the friendship bread til 2:00 in the morning, I was slightly tired. I took the two hour train ride as an opportunity to take a nap. Natalie and Portia picked me up from the South Bend airport around 12:00 and we were off. We spend a good part of the afternoon catching up and enjoying Portia. She is so sweet. One year of life but so excited about every breath.



When Nathan got home, we ate some great supper and headed to the pet smart. It was time for Portia to get her first pet. They invested in a beautiful beta fish. Named: Fish. I know baby names are always so creative.

After Portia went to bed we enjoyed a good game of Poker and we all went to bed happy. Natalie was a little happier than Nathan and I due to the game ending with her winning :). Good job Natalie.

Today I slept in. Then in the afternoon, after Portia's nap, we headed out to see the sights of South Bend. I really enjoyed seeing and walking the Notre Dame campus. It is beautiful, especially in the fall. I saw some awesome architecture amongst other sights. Then headed to head-site where Nathan works. Got a mini tour and then got to hang with Portia during Nathan and Natalie's Chiropractor appointments. Then supper. Then train home.

Also today I found out I got a 20 hour/week nanny job. Oh-dear. So here is my schedule. 15 hours of school. 20 hours of 1 nanny job. 2-4 hours of a tutoring job. 4 hours of volunteer tutoring. And at least 4 hours of interpreting/ week. How many hours are in a week (– Sunday), again? I think something is going to have to go. We shall see though.

5 comments:

Grant said...

Buh, how did I miss the fact that you were in my neck of the woods?

Hope this dreary land of northern indiana treated you well!

Natalie said...

Hey Kaits! Good news. I did the math and that's only 47 hours which is slightly more than a full time job. But you have to factor in the time to get from place to place time to settle in to each new task (which is kinda big). Anyway, I just thought I would let you know-it could actually be doable! Maybe not recommended though.
haha

Sara said...

holy smokes girl. you have the rest of your life! thats craziness...but for some reason...i know you can handle it! You are amazing! Being busy is better than being bored! Love you and good luck with midterms!

Mawshy said...

Haha.... and you were afraid you wouldn't be able to find a job!! If I come visit, will you even have time??!?!?! ;)

Sometime this weekend... yikes well it's sorta up in the air. I am going out to eat with Nat tomorrow night, you could join us afterward or for or maybe just Fri or Sat. Whatever works... we'll make it work!

Heidi said...

I know you study a lot, and to break up the boredom, I tagged you. :)